WE ARE READY TO ORGANIZE THE MOST IMPORTANT FESTIVAL FOR MAKERS IN THE WORLD
lET'S DO IT TOGETHER!
Why we want to make it?
We are a group of people, who are empowering Maker Movement in the Czech Republic and the Fab Conference is playing a big role in it. It is not just about the event, it is about much more.
- It is about raising the voice towards policy makers, companies and institiutions.
- It is about getting our interest into national strategies.
- It is about building new labs around the country.
- It is about giving more power to STEAM related initiatives.
- It is about educating educators.
- In the end it is about changing people lives by providing the means and support so they can make their own ideas possible.
The event itself will give us the momentum and make these things easier.
WhY shouLd you want us to make it?
small but great
- We are a small country in the middle of Europe having same number of inhabitants as the city of FAB12 – Shenzen. However, we have a lot to offer. Making is in our nature. We made in past because we must. There was no other option to get what you wanted since the communists approach of central planning failed. And now we make because we can.
- Do you know PRUSA RESEARCH? Most likely. Did you know that PRUSA is from Czech Republic? And PRUSA is also one of the our main partners.
- From maker to market is becoming hot topic around the world FabLabs. We have one of the best European Innovation agencies behind our back – JIC.
- There is a network of FabLabs, you probably know it, but did you know, that there is also a network of Business Innovation Centers in Europe? President of the network is our colleague and we meet him on day to day basis. This is unique opportunity to connect these two networks together.
- Everyone wants mobile FabLab. We have a pretty cool one (the most impressive as Neil mentioned in Egypt) and we want to make mobile labs one of the main topics.
- FabLabs and women. Three words often said. We have great cooperation with a unique organisation Czechitas, that is helping more than 20 000 women per year to break the barriers and open the doors to the tech world.
- The best beer in the world makes it easier to network. The Czech Republic has the best beer on Earth, you cannot argue with that. Ever.
YOU + US = fab2024
Who stands behind it?
Tomas Mejzlik, FabLab Brno and JIC
Jan Dvoracek, FabLab Brno and JIC
Daniel Jirotka, Make More
Vojtech Kolarik, Make More
Ondrej Kasparek, PrusaLab & Prusa Research
Jiri Zemanek, Maker Faire Prague, CVUT, currently intern at MIT
Nicolas Lassabe, organiser of FAB14 in France
Marc Lamberts, manager of one of the biggest European FabLabs
what do we need from you
- We are currently working on an application, which we will pitch at global online conference this July.
- We would be very grateful for your support in a form of Letter of Support after we convince you, that we can make it and we can make it awesomely.